ABOUT THE EVENT SERIES
Based on the widely popular and successful Ted Talks which aim to spread ideas in the form of short, powerful talks the Houston West Chamber’s Business & Education Partnership Committee is initiating a series of talks on Education, Medicine, Technology, Science and Business. These talks will be aptly named: EdTalk, MedTalk, TechTalk, SciTalk, BizTalk.
- Dr. Butch Herod, Director of the West Houston Institute, Houston Community College
- Jennifer Baker, Director of Career & Technical Education, Alief Independent School District
- Roy Montalbano, Partner, Business Development, SIM-PBK Architects
- Laurie Bricker, Education Consultant, TRIO Electric
You may register online.
Friday, March 1, 2019
The purpose of this event is to facilitate a conversation regarding creative and innovative classrooms and how that translates into dynamic contributors to tomorrow’s workforce.
his event is organized by the Business & Education Partnership Committee. The event is sponsored by Houston Community College.
Please register for this event in advance, as spots are limited.
- To learn about trends & innovative strategies in architecture & design process of learning spaces
- To explore why it is necessary to create opportunities that enable students to gather, to explore, tinker, discover and create
- To see West Houston Institute’s IDEAStudio, a Makerspace that provides students a place to explore, experiment taking ideas from concept to launch
- To find out what fields & why lack qualified workers, and how expanding existing apprenticeship programs to high schoolers can do to a workforce
Thu, November 15, 2018, 11:15 AM – 1:15 PM
Churrascos Westchase, 9705 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77042
Unparalleled Cancer Treatment is the hallmark of MD Anderson and thus has “ideas worth spreading”. With the opening of the new West Houston outpatient center we are in a unique position to highlight the greater work of MD Anderson, showcase their new state of the art outpatient center, discuss how the new facility will impact the surrounding businesses in related industries & community, and to examine how academic initiatives in schools of West Houston pioneer research and prepare new generations of academics.
Dr. Shivani Patel MD, Assistant Professor, Department of General Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Dr. Thankavel, Medical Director Value Based Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dr. Kathleen Reeve, Associate Dean, University of Houston College of Nursing
Quaniesha Limbrick, Harmony Ingenuity Biomedical Science Academy Teacher